Here's what’s trending in the dairy industry:
- The dairy sector in the MENA region is the third fastest growing in the world, and has far exceeded Eastern Europe.
- Saudi Arabia is the MENA region’s largest dairy producer.
- With fast-growing populations, rising income levels and traditional significance of consuming dairy, countries in Middle East and North Africa are experiencing rapid expansion of their dairy markets.
- The dairy market in the region will grow at a CAGR of 4.9% over the next 5 years, much higher than the global growth which will be 2.3% over the same period.*
- Milk, yogurt, cream, cheese, butter and ice cream within the dairy categories constitute the biggest part of diets across all MENA countries.
- The MENA region is the second-largest dairy importing region in the world and relies heavily on dairy imports as raw materials for production.
- Sprung by rising local demand, dairy manufacturers are cashing in by setting up dairy production plants locally, to reduce dependence on imports from leading international exporters such as New Zealand, Australia, Europe and Argentina.