Here's what’s trending in the beverage industry:
- The global soft drinks category within the beverage industry expects to grow by 2.4% over the next 5 years*.
- The soft drinks market in the MENA region specifically is steadily growing at 4.3% and will make up 5% of the total global retails value by 2021*.
- When it comes to the global hot beverage category, this is expected to grow at 2.9% over the next 5 years*.
- The hot beverage market in the MENA region specifically is impressively growing at 5.2% and will make up 7% of the total global retails value by 2021*.
- To respond to health-driven demand factors, beverage manufacturers are expected to produce healthier products such as low sugar, and free from artificial colours and preservatives.
- Changing customer preferences demonstrate a switch from artificial, sugary soft drinks to more iced teas, specialty coffees, minimally preserved fresh juices, functional drinks, still and sparkling water variants and fortified beverages.