- Globally, processed meat and poultry market will grow at 1.3% over the next 5 years in terms of retails value*.
- The MENA region will account for a whopping 3% of the total global retail value by 2021, growing at 5.4% over the same time period*.
- A major challenge for meat and poultry manufacturers in the region is to source livestock from certified and cruelty-free farms for further processing.
- Hormone-free, free range, GMO-free, grass-fed, and organic meat processing styles are becoming more and more popular among health-conscious customers.
- There is a substantial business opportunity to manufacture innovative, spin-off meat substitutes to capture vegan and vegetarian audiences.
- Saudi Arabia and UAE are becoming more important regional meat processing centres, locally manufacturing burger patties, minced meat products and deli meats.