- Globally, processed meat and poultry market is set for rapid growth to reach US$ 1,567 billion by 2022*.
- The Middle-East and Africa processed meat market is estimated to reach US$78 billion by 2021**.
- In the Middle East and Africa region, the modernisation of retail and flavour innovation is the main growth driver for meat processors.
- A major challenge for meat and poultry manufacturers in the region is to source livestock from certified and cruelty-free farms for further processing.
- Hormone-free, free range, GMO-free, grass-fed, and organic meat processing styles are becoming more and more popular among health-conscious customers.
- There is a substantial business opportunity to manufacture innovative, spin-off meat substitutes to capture vegan and vegetarian audiences.
- Saudi Arabia and UAE are becoming more important regional meat processing centres, locally manufacturing burger patties, minced meat products and deli meats.
*Zion Market Research
**Market Data Forecast